Canadian Elder Law Conference
Save the Date!
The 2017 Canadian Elder Law Conference will be held on November 2-3 in Vancouver, BC.
Building on the success of the 2015 conference, we are again hosting the event in collaboration with the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (CLEBC). Please contact CLEBC to register.
If you have any questions regarding agenda topics or sponsorship, please contact CCEL National Director Krista James at email@example.com.
Submit an abstract to speak at the conference.
Coming of Age: Elder Law in Canada and its Future
Date: November 2-3 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
- Jan Goddard, Godard Gamage Stephens LLP (Toronto)
- Hugh McLellan, McLellan Herbert (Vancouver)
- Geoffrey W. White, Geoffrey W. White Law Corporation (Kelowna)
Topics and Themes
Elder law is a multi-faceted topic touching on diverse areas of practice, including:
- Wills and estates
- Family law
- Pensions and benefits
- Healthcare rights
- Privacy law
- Criminal law practice
The conference provides
- Practical skill-based sessions enhancing our capacity to serve older adults
- Updates on hot topics in elder law and aging policy
- Discussions of current research on law and aging-related topics
Our conference, like the practice of elder law, is inter-disciplinary. Past presenters have included legal experts and also physicians and health professionals, social workers, practitioners from justice and policing and financial sector professionals.
Expect sessions on hot topics such as:
- Mental capacity law
- Substitute decision making
- Physician-assisted death
- Cross-border issues
- Financial abuse
- Intersections between legal and health policy
Gregory K. Steele QC Student Prize
Submit a paper relating to law and aging and win the chance to present it at this year’s Canadian Elder Law Conference! Learn more
2015– The Journey of Aging – The Law and Beyond
2012– Advocacy and Aging: From Storytelling to Systemic Change
2010 – Developing an Anti-Ageist Approach to the Law
2008 – Aging Citizens, Evolving Practices