International Women’s Day 2014 Event
The Canadian Centre for Elder Law is once again hosting an international Women‚Äôs Day event focused on the experiences on March 6, 2014
|Older Women’s Dialogue Project: Stories of Strength & Resilience
- March 6, 2014 (Thursday),
9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Onsite registration at 8:30 am
|Older women contribute so much to our communities and yet face many barriers to their well-being.
- Hear stories of how women’s experiences at a younger age shape their experience of aging
- Listen to ideas for how law reform and policy changes can improve older women’s lives
- Identify gaps in services for older women
- Share ideas about positive change
- Donna Dickison, Stl’atl’mc Nation, Elder & Residential School Survivor
- Gertrude Pierre, Seashelt Nation, Elder & Residential School Survivor
- Janine Benedet, Associate Professor, UBC Faculty of Law
- Elsie Dean, President, 411 Seniors Centre Society
- Additional Speakers to be confirmed
|Free Event! Women and men are all welcome!
- Email us to to register in advance and reserve a space: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advance registration is recommended but not required.
Onsite registration at 8:30 am
- University of BC, Downtown Campus ¬†¬† Check Out UBC Map
800 Robson St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 3B7
The theatre is wheelchair accessible via the elevators located at the Robson & Hornby Street entrance.
|For more information about the Older Women’s Dialogue Project, please check out our project page.