Canadian Elder Law Conference
Save the Date!
The 2017 Canadian Elder Law Conference was held on November 2-3 in Vancouver, BC.
Are you interested in becoming a conference sponsor? Check out our sponsorship package.
If you have any questions regarding agenda topics or sponsorship, please contact CCEL National Director Krista James at email@example.com.
Coming of Age: Elder Law in Canada and its Future
Date: November 2-3 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
- Jan Goddard, Godard Gamage LLP (Toronto)
- Hugh McLellan, McLellan Herbert (Vancouver)
- Geoffrey W. White, Geoffrey W. White Law Corporation (Kelowna)
Topics and Themes
Elder law is a multi-faceted topic touching on diverse areas of practice, including:
- Wills and estates
- Family law
- Pensions and benefits
- Healthcare rights
- Privacy law
- Criminal law practice
The conference provides
- Practical skill-based sessions enhancing our capacity to serve older adults
- Updates on hot topics in elder law and aging policy
- Discussions of current research on law and aging-related topics
Our conference, like the practice of elder law, is inter-disciplinary. Past presenters have included legal experts and also physicians and health professionals, social workers, practitioners from justice and policing and financial sector professionals.
Expect sessions on hot topics such as:
- Mental capacity law
- Substitute decision making
- Physician-assisted death
- Cross-border issues
- Financial abuse
- Intersections between legal and health policy
We Wish to Thank our Sponsors
McLellan Herbert, Barristers & Solicitors
Gregory K. Steele QC Student Prize
Read the 2017 Gregory K. Steele QC Prize winning paper on evidence and older adult witnesses, written by Helene Love.
2015– The Journey of Aging – The Law and Beyond
2012– Advocacy and Aging: From Storytelling to Systemic Change
2010 – Developing an Anti-Ageist Approach to the Law
2008 – Aging Citizens, Evolving Practices