Celebrate National Seniors Day with the Canadian Centre for Elder Law
17 August 2016
By Krista James
- The Canadian Centre for Elder Law is pleased to invite you to share National Seniors Day with us to hear about the work of four groups of senior women who participated in the Older Women’s Dialogue Project. The project is a collaborative initiative with the West Coast Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (LEAF) to engage older women in identifying, addressing and responding to policy and legal issues that are essential to their well-being. This event is hosted by BCLI and West Coast LEAF in cooperation with the SFU Gerontology Research Centre.
- WHEN: Friday, 30 September 2016 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
- WHERE: Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue – Lower Concourse (enter via Seymour Street courtyard entrance) , British Columbia 580 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British ColumbiaThe event will be highly interactive and led by the four groups of women on the topics of:
- Access to dental care for low income seniors
- Access to pharmaceutical care for low income seniors
- Respect and safety in housing for older Indigenous women
- Availability and suitability of housing for older Indigenous women
Come prepared to participate and hear about the exciting senior led projects in your community. Food and refreshments are provided.
The event is free, but please RSVP as seating is limited. Register now!